Discover the Journey of Yolanda Williams: From Imaginative Beginnings to Literary Success

 



Born on June 25, 1978, in Columbus, MS, Yolanda’s path includes a distinguished Army service, where she earned an Army Commendation Medal and a business degree from Georgia State Perimeter College. Her entrepreneurial spirit flourished with Diva Yolan, LLC, transforming from a t-shirt boutique into a successful self-publishing company. Now residing in Atlanta, GA, Yolanda juggles her role as a government representative with her passion for writing. Join us as we explore Yolanda Williams' inspiring journey from childhood creativity to impactful storytelling.

Tell everyone about your literary brand and journey?
Yolanda Williams: I began writing as a little girl, creating poems and plays. As I got older, writing took a backseat until later in life. One night, while walking through the house, a story came to me. I sat down on the sofa and started typing on my laptop. Two weeks later, the original version of Bounded by Love was complete. My brand focuses on crafting stories about the everyday woman's strongholds, strengths, and superpowers in overcoming the one thing we all desire: love.

A black woman who can write is powerful. What does the power of your pen mean to you?
Yolanda Williams: It means integrity and empowerment laced with a blend of reality and fiction. I write to ensure a message is received while also embellishing what life could be. Even though my stories are fiction, you can still relate to the characters in some way.


What steps did you take to maintain consistency and quality in your products?  
Yolanda Williams: If I do not feel it, I won't put it out. This, unfortunately, is a hindrance to my business because it means I don't release books constantly. However, when I do release a book, it's of high quality.

What is the hardest part of your journey?
Yolanda Williams: Being able to put out content on a consistent basis is something I'm working hard to improve. My regular 9-to-5 job often takes away from my personal time, which can be mentally draining since I spend most of the day stationary at a computer. When I get off work, all I want to do is unwind and relax. I'm seeking better ways to balance everything so I can get my creative juices flowing again.


What advice would you give a budding author?  
Yolanda Williams: Be true to your craft. It's okay to think outside the box and know that there's room for you to grow in this industry. You don't have to be among the masses. You just have to love what you do and stay true to yourself.

You inspired and motivated so many women in business. What are your top 3 steps to success?
Yolanda Williams:
1. I am good to myself.
2. I've learned that not everyone is going to remain on this journey I've embarked on as I succeed.
3. Above all, I keep my faith and belief in God.


What is next for your dynamic brand?
Yolanda Williams: Putting out more books is a goal I've set for myself for the upcoming year. Although we still have the second half of 2024 to get through, I'm using this time to find balance in my work life so I can produce the quality books my followers love. Working on my mental state is key.

What are your social media contacts?
Yolanda Williams: You can find me on X & Instagram: @diva_yolan; TikTok: @divayolan; Facebook: Diva Yolan for my business account and Yolanda Williams for my personal account. You can also visit my website divayolan.com.


Like, Follow, and Review This Authors Dynamic Books
Amazon Link:https://www.amazon.com/stores/Yolanda-Williams/author/B0B6258LWK




 
 







Comments