Ten Toes Down For Her Hustle: An Intimate Conversation With Author Reece J

 




New to the literary world, Author Reece J turned her pain and soars into a growing empire of powerful words. Born and raised on the west side of Chicago, Hustler would be her middle name if it were not Reece. Girl power at its finest, she figured out early that working for someone else’s dreams is not what God put her on this earth to do. In August 2020, she released her first book Remy and Ryder: A Story of Survival on Amazon, with 162 pages of pure dynamic chaos and a splash of reality.

LS: Tell everyone about your literary brand and journey?
RJ: As a child, experiencing sexual and other forms of abuse, I never really had a voice. Do you know? It was hard being the black sheep of the family. Since I did not have anyone else to speak to about my hidden pains, I began to write, and before you know it, I had little note pads of short poems and stories. Years later, I got up the courage to put my life’s tears within pages of a novel, and here I am.

LS: A black woman who can write is powerful. What does the power of your pen mean to you? What made you want to write?
RJ: the power in my pen means PURPOSE AND FREE. My life to me was a book itself, and I felt that if I could not confide in anybody, I had to put it on paper to free myself, so I would forgive those who hurt me.


LS: Describe your pen style in five words? What do you admire most about your pen?
RJ: Wow, what can I say? Well, for starters, it is unique, seeing as though I can write from both male and female points of view. Most readers look for that in an author; it is sporadic.

LS: Where does your creativity flow? How do you avoid burning out?
RJ: Life is my Creative Shoulder if that makes sense. I take every situation within my reality and place them within the pages of each Novel.

LS: If you could change anything about the literary industry, what would it be?
RJ: I would try to get more people back into reading and come together as one community; I mean, we are all here for the same thing.

LS: You inspire so many people; how does that make you feel?
RJ: It makes me feel GREAT; it feels like I have severed my purpose or that I have a sense.

LS: What can readers expect from the book “Remy and Ryder”? What do you want readers to get from your story?
RJ: no matter how complex your life is or what you go through, never let it determine who you are.


LS: What is the hardest part of your journey?
RJ: Not giving up and quitting when life got hard.

LS: What is next for Author Reece J?
RJ: I am working on quite a few things. I will be collaborating with one of my favorite authors, Vette Wilson, and I am also working on my 3rd Novel entitled “The Dead Can’t Talk.”

LS: Are there any success quotes you have adapted to what you want to share to encourage others?
RJ: Treat people how you would like them to treat you, and no matter what a person does to you, always forgive and never hold a grudge.


Comments